Sunday, March 15, 2015

The FDA has a deadly slow process for many of us.

If you or a loved one is suffering from a fatal or debilitating disease, you understand how frustrating it can be to wait for a new, life-saving treatment or procedure.  Please consider helping me convince our politicians that we need new legislation that allows patients to decide for themselves the risks they want to take when trying a new treatment or procedure. Currently the FDA makes it a deadly slow process for many of us.

I have stage 4 sarcoma. Fortunately, it is not very aggressive at this time, and I have a couple FDA-approved options to try, but before I submit to life-changing surgery or radiation, I would like to try a reasonably safe new vaccine. However, because of FDA regulations, I cannot, and the vaccine probably won’t be approved by the FDA until after my cancer kills me. Chances of surgery curing me are a statistically slim10%.

There is a letter on goggle docs (you do not need to sign in or be a google member to access) I am asking you to send to our representatives and senators requesting that they make some changes.

Please consider supporting this request. you can access the letter at this link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YRKur3TH0KLuKNGSWJldofbC-8-smGh9VFxec2OY4hE/edit

You may copy-and-paste the letter. Please remember to include your senator’s or representative’s name and use the proper salutation.
Remember to sign it.
You can copy-and-paste the letter into an email, but written letters received in the mail are more effective. Please consider printing and mailing your letter.
You can find your senator’s name and contact info here: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
You can find your representative’s name and contact info here: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

I have also created a petition- I ask people to read and sign this as well, I will include the results of this petition in my personal request to the President, and in the press releases we will write to being light to this deadly issue.

Read and sign the petition here


PLEASE SHARE THIS,

Thank you in advance.

Rod Miller
Rod@iphda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you disagree with the opinions expressed here we welcome those comments but ask that you have the courage to sign your name. If you are afraid of black balling then please by all means remain anonymous.