Monday, June 16, 2014

What in HE Double Hockey Sticks do you want?

This is a good and very valid question that I have  not been asked yet, :) This surprises me as the popularity of this blog increases, I figured someone would want to know and not just assume they know?
I do however feel that I should answer anyway.





I want world peace and for world hunger to go away, Oh wait those are from my pageant days. 












1st - I want for the Million Dollar Riders to take their current drug proposal off the table. This is very important as if it is not taken off the table by the meeting in August  it can be voted on  by the board and passed into the rule book. 

2nd - I want the NRHA, with trainers, vets and concerned horse people to sit down and develop a drug policy with limits that everyone can live with, before the vote for new rules this year. Or accept we must live with whats in the book now for one more year .  I do not think the drug policy in the NRHA rule book now is what we need to live with considering some of the concerns discussed in Debating with a fool But it is better than having a policy with no limits at all. 

3rd - I want the different associations in the Performance Horse industry to sit down and develop a list of conditions that their members do not want to see at their horse shows. Then create rules that would not allow horses with those conditions to show or even be on the show grounds after identified.  This one is long over due and I feel needs to be dealt with as an industry instead of as an individual association thing.

4th - I want to be able to stand up and prove to people that accuse this industry of being abusive, they are wrong!  I think we would all like this one? 



Pretty simple set of requests I am efforting towards,  I believe, but I welcome comments on them.

Contrary to some beliefs I am not trying to be unreasonable and negative,

I just get tired of feeling and hear others complain about select few dictating to the majority. I feel that it is time someone asks tough questions and shakes the tree and see what falls out! 

That statement above does not imply anyone personally is in the group of the select few calling the shots. It only implies a select few do seem to control the direction we all must take.

Thanks for sharing your time with me

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you disagree with the opinions expressed here we welcome those comments but ask that you have the courage to sign your name. If you are afraid of black balling then please by all means remain anonymous.